Wednesday, October 15, 2014

so we will live in an RV....now what?

I had already started my research into this even before I started this blog.  What I mean by research is that I watched a TON of YouTube videos on the subject, joined a few Facebook groups and poured over message boards all about RVs in general and living in them in particular. 

NOW I wish I would have kept notes because there were times I had questions or ideas for other things to research and then promptly forgot them….part of the reason this blog has come to be besides for my desire to get back to writing.


What type we want is pretty much a done deal.  There are many different kinds and we weighed the pros and cons of them.  We decided on a travel trailer or a 5th wheel, pulled by a truck.  This is going to be our home and if it should need any sort of repair, or the truck has to be serviced or repaired, we want to be able to separate them.  Also it seems to me that motorhomes are more expensive than those you tow and you have to get a special license to drive it!  We also know that with 2 kids with us and 3 dogs (chihuahuas) and 1 cat, at least 30 feet is a must.

Here is a good site on RVs and a link to a good article on choosing what type of RV you want.



Motorhome


Travel Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment